Tuesday 27 May 2014

Blog Resurrection



It looks like after a 3 year gap I am resurrecting this blog.  Our allergy situation at home is unchanged.  The not so Small-n-Grubby is still following a restricted food diet.  We have introduced most of the foods from his original urticaria exclusion diet.  He hasn't had an allergic reaction for 8 years, so unless he has grown out of it, we are doing something right!  He now avoids nuts in any form (including products that may contain traces), sesame, preservatives (benzoates, sulphites, nitries), artificial colours and any other additives we aren't sure about.  I think he will stay on this diet for some time now.  He isn't keen to be tested for allergens and I can't see myself purposefully feeding him sulphur dioxide to see what happens, he just doesn't need to eat that stuff!

His hero product is currently Bakin' Boys Flapjack.
One of the few snack products he can buy off the shelf.

For me it's no wheat, rye, barley or oats.  I am shying away from saying gluten free as it's no longer the best description for me (see previous post).

With Small-n-Grubby being vegetarian by choice and Branston Pickle being a picky eater, not to mention having a typical teenage daughter, I am often found in the kitchen cooking at least 3 different evening meals.  I have found a few recipes where one meal suits all and I will be sharing them here among my rants and raves about all things food related.

** Kate **

No comments: