Thursday 7 June 2007

Lemon Pie Dreams

Well more precisely Lemon Meringue Pie Dreams. I think it is my #1 tasty treat. So a wheat-free, possibly soon to be gluten-free diet makes such things a little on the tricky side. Until, that is I found this book.

I saw a magazine article about it and rushed straight out to buy it. Believe me I cried when I read it, honestly I cried. It was like a weight had been lifted from me. You know that feeling that you are constantly depriving yourself of those little treats that really cheer you up and subsequently you just feel miserable. Well no more. Birthdays, Christmas, indulgent weekends, the food you want its all in here. Totally flour-free so none of that ground up rice stuff that claims to be a flour substitute. The recipes rely heavily on nuts though so sorry to those who have a nut allergy, this also means most of them are quite fattening, but hey everything in moderation, right?

One other very important thing to mention about this book is that every recipe I have tried has worked, even stuff I never would have attempted in a wheaty world. The pictures are also fab, mouth watering temptations. So if you fancy mince pies, samosas, lasagne, shortbread, cookies, and cake of every variety give it a try!

Oh, and of course there's a recipe for Lemon Meringue Pie too!!!

** Kate **

No comments: